Working as a forklift driver
A forklift driver, what is that?
A forklift driver operates a forklift used to transport heavy loads (usually on pallets) over a short distance. The job of a forklift driver is to some extent similar to that of a reach truck driver. Logistics workers and order pickers also regularly come into contact with a forklift driver. Please note: this job almost always requires certification!
What are the main duties of a forklift operator?
- Transporting goods with the forklift
- Check the quality and quantity of the load
- Checking and signing the attached documents (packing slips, bills of lading, order lists, etc.)
- Handle the administration of the documents (recording in records, signing by an authorized employee, etc.)
- Maintain the forklift truck
- Keeping the workshop clean and orderly
- Managing the (warehouse) inventory
Where does a forklift operator work?
Forklift drivers usually work in a warehouse, shed or goods storage facility. Forklift drivers are needed in every industry.
What types of forklifts are there?
There are several types of forklifts. Which one you will work with depends on the company. The most common types are:
- Electric Pallet Stacker
- Front Loader
- High Rise Lift Truck
- Side Loader
- Reach Truck
- Heavy Forklift Truck
- Electric Pallet Truck
- Order Picker
Become a forklift driver in 2,3,4 or 5 shifts
As a forklift driver, you will usually work in a shift system. Which shift system suits you best depends on several factors.
Can I work close to home as a forklift driver?
We have vacancies for forklift drivers in several cities and towns: Antwerp , Brussels, Dendermonde, Ghent, Genk, Hasselt, Lommel, Herentals, Zonhoven and Lokeren.
Feel like getting started? SD Worx can help you find a job as a forklift driver throughout Belgium. Apply now for one of the above vacancies or contact one of our offices directly.